Pages

Getting in the Christmas Spirit!

Driving Virginia to speech this morning I noticed all the wonderful Christmas decorations that my neighbors had decorated their yards and houses with. One house was fully decked out from the yard to the house. They had huge Christmas ornaments hanging on their trees. 

Once I dropped Virginia off for speech I headed to the Dollar General to look around for some cheap Christmas decorations. I found a pack of 20 medium size Christmas ornaments for three dollars. Then picked up a pack of 175 ornament hangers for one dollar.  I was ready to decorate the trees in our front yard. 


Virginia was super excited when I picked her up and told her we would be decorating the trees in the front when we got home. This project was so easy that Virginia was able to help me. She grabbed the ornaments and put the hooks in and handed them to me. Then I had her help me pick the perfect spot on the tree to hang the ornaments. She kept saying, " I am a big girl mommy I can do it by myself ". She really is getting so independent lately. 


The decorating took about ten minutes and when we were done we had a beautiful Christmas tree that cost only four dollars. Now once we get the rest of our decorations down from the attic I can string lights on the tree. I am ready for the holidays.