Pages

Girls Sleepover

This weekend was a blast. Saturday I got up and quickly got everything together for Virginia's Pull-Ups Potty training party. My wonderful friend Faby was kind enough to allow me to have the party at her house and to give us a ride. Once at Faby's house we started putting things together and getting all the food out. I knew that it was going to be a small group coming. I was happy about that because with small groups you get to know people better. I was expecting two moms, but only one showed up. The party was great, the kids played and had pizza. Faby, Karen, and myself sat at the table eating our pizza and having great conversation. I couldn't have asked for a better party. I had planned to have the party end at 2pm. Before I knew it we were talking away and I looked up at the clock and it was like 3pm. We called it a day and quickly cleaned up and said our good-byes.

Virginia and I had more fun prepared for the night. After quickly getting food for Reiggin to prepare his dinner, I packed our bags in a hurry and Virginia and I were on the road again heading to Grandma's house. I was so excited to be having a girl's sleepover with Grandma, Grandpa, and Samantha. It was the first time Virginia and Samantha had spent the whole night together.


We finally arrived and Samantha was thrilled to see Virginia. They played all night long. Kept Grandma and Grandpa busy playing here and there. Or should I say Up and Down because the one thing those girls love to do is go upstairs to play with all of the toys that Grandma uses with her students.

They had their baths and Grandma read them their bedtime stories and we were ready to begin the battle of bedtime. I was hoping that they would sleep in the same bed together. That way I could have a bed to myself and I just imagined them sitting up at night giggling and goofing off. But for whatever reason Virginia was wanting to sleep with me. Samantha fell asleep pretty easy after Grandma laid with her for awhile. And after I assembled the bed rail for her bed. Susan I will be sending you the bill in the mail.


Virginia stayed up pretty late rolling around and playing with me in the bed. I must say that Virginia is not a good bedtime buddy. I don't know how such a little kid can take up so much space. I woke up about 5am to the sound of Samantha calling out for Mama. Then shortly Virginia woke up as well. Grandma got up as well and was kind enough to stay up with the girls and let me go back to sleep. It was heaven to sleep til about 10am or so. I did miss out on the huge breakfast they were going to make if I had gotten up early.


After I woke up and got dressed we all headed outside to enjoy the nice spring day. Samantha and Virginia had a great time running all over the yard. Grandma and myself sat on the swing and talked. Grandpa had steps duty, keeping an eye on Virginia and Samantha going up and down the steps to the deck. I don't know why but the small deck is the favorite spot for Virginia and Samantha to play. After alot of playing and riding their tricylces the girls both crashed for a good nap. Samantha ended up on the couch holding her cup of goldfish. Virginia fell asleep on the floor in front of the tv watching Nick Jr. I think they slept for almost 3 hours.


Susan came home from her trip to Pittsburgh, just in time for us to celebrate her birthday. We hung out for a little while and then it was time for Susan and Samantha to pack up and head home. Virginia and I did the same a few hours later. We got home and pretty much crashed. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. I got to spend time with my family and friends and Reiggin got some much needed peaceful down time.