Pages

Luck be a Lady

Well Luck came to me in the form of The Mommies Network this week. My local chapter CentralPiedmontMommies held a contest for our members to win Cirque du Soleil. I was not lucky enough to win the first contest. But lucky for me The Mommies Network held another contest just for the moderators and managers. One day only, we had to pick a number from 1 to 1000. I am usually so bad at these contests and never win. I had a number in my head and was about to submit, but at the last moment I switched to 248 and the winning number was 234.


I got home from bowling and checked my local moms site to read the post announcing me and Brandy the winners. I believe I screamed and did a happy dance all around my apartment. My husband wasn't sure what was wrong with me. I told him I won and he was kind enough to let me take my good friend Faby while he stays home and watches Virginia. He isn't a big Cirque du Soleil fan. I believe I was on cloud 9 the rest of the weekend.

My weekend also included a sleep over at the Grandparents. After a nice, well little chilly, park play date. Virginia and I packed our things and hit the highway to Grandma's house. Samantha, my niece was also sleeping over. I am always so excited when Virginia and Samantha get to play. They are only 4 months apart and already super buddies.





They spent the whole night playing and getting the grandparents to push them around the house on their favorite tricycle. I just laugh watching my father with the girls. I will be honest I believed my father was going to be a little bit of a grumpy grandfather. But he has proved me wrong, he is super grandpa. The girls love him and he loves them even more. He will do anything to make those girls happy.


Even with a rainy Saturday, Virginia and Samantha were able to find some fun. Grandpa moved the car out of the garage and the girls had a blast. One thing I love about kids is that they can find entertainment in pretty much anything. My mother has a Christmas ball hanging from a string to help her know how far to pull the car into the garage before hitting the wall. Well the girls saw this has one big t ball set. They took some plastic 2 liter bottles and swung away. Giggles and screams filled the garage.

Sunday came and Lady Luck was not done with me yet. I woke up and checked my email and saw I had a few messages on Bloggers. So I went over to check my profile and check the newest topics in the forums. To my excitement I was one of the bloggers editor's pick of the day. Now I will admit I don't really know how the editor's pick and most likely may be random. But hey I will take it and I will be over the top excited. I can't say enough good things about Bloggers. I ran across the site by random. I saw a button on one of my friends blogs. I checked out the site and within a couple of days my blogs traffic was up and I had found some new blogs to enjoy as well. Bloggers has been one big loving community for me. I always enjoy finding a new blog and Bloggers is one site that makes that easy for me. So if you have not checked them out, don't wait another second and go make your profile.

Well that's all folks, I am off to get ready for my girl's afternoon out to go see Cirque du Soleil. This is hoping that Lady Luck decides to stay awhile, I believe we could be best of friends.